VITARA FULL HYBRID
- Vitara with full Hybrid technology now on sale.
- 140V hybrid supply with EV mode added to Vitara range alongside existing 48V Mild Hybrid.
- Two selectable hybrid drive modes available, Standard and Eco.
- Two grade Hybrid line-up of SZ-T and SZ5 models.
- SZ5 available with optional ALLGRIP Select 4-wheel Drive.
- Fitted with Suzuki’s latest technology AGS (Auto Gear Shift) automated manual transmission as standard.
- Suzuki offers 100% Hybrid as standard across its full passenger car range.
- Vitara is one of only two Compact SUV competitors to offer 4WD technology as an option.
- 1.5-litre K15C normally aspirated petrol engine with Suzuki’s latest technology.
- Low CO2 emissions of just 121g/km for 2WD models (WLTP regulation) and 53.0 Combined mpg.
- High level of safety specification fitted as standard to all Vitara Full Hybid models include Dual Sensor Brake Support (Automated Emergency Braking), Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Traffic Sign Recognition, Adaptive Cruise Control and seven airbags including Drivers Knee Airbag.
- Smartphone connectivity, rear parking camera, keyless entry & start, navigation, climate control as standard on both model grades.
- Priced from £25,499 for SZ-T model.
- Zero % Finance offers available with SZ-T Full Hybrid model at just £249 per month on Personal Contract Purchase.
The Suzuki Vitara has earned high acclaim for its stylish, city oriented design, compact and easy to manage dimensions, good on-road performance and genuine off-road capability. It is now available with full (higher voltage) Hybrid technology that helps lower CO2 emissions and improve fuel consumption even further compared to mild hybrid with Automatic Transmission. The Vitara Full Hybrid is produced at the Magyar Suzuki plant in Hungary that also manufactures all new S-Cross models for European markets as well as exports around the world.
The Vitara expresses Suzuki’s SUV styling heritage in a strong looking design. The clamshell bonnet (a hallmark of Vitara models) gives the front end a look of solidity and a trapezoid motif front bumper indicates powerful grip on the ground. Pronounced body side character lines and bonnet side louvres motifs are reminiscent of the first generation Vitara from 1988.
A full equipment table for the Vitara Full Hybrid is listed on the separate PDF document and on the media website.
Standard equipment for all models is comprehensive and the SZ-T includes seven airbags, LED multireflector headlamps for low and high beam, USB and Bluetooth connectivity, Traffic Sign Recognition, Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise Control, auto air conditioning and front and rear electric windows, keyless entry and start, 17-inch silver painted alloy wheels, rear privacy glass, white stitching for seat trim fabric, Smartphone link audio and navigation system.
Moving up to SZ5 adds 17-inch polished alloy wheels, suede seat upholstery, Panoramic sunroof, front and rear parking sensors and availability of ALLGRIP 4WD as an option.
The Vitara is available in a total of 11 different shades of which one is a solid colour. All others include metallic finish and six are dual-tone metallic with Cosmic Black roof colour.
The Vitara Full Hybrid range is priced at £25,499 for SZ-T, £27,499 for SZ5 2WD and £29,299 for the SZ5 ALLGRIP model. Zero per cent finance is now available on Full Vitara Hybrid models until the end of June 2022.
Taking the best selling SZ-T model as an example on Personal Contract Purchase, a deposit of £4,485 would be required followed by 48 monthly payments of just £249 and a final optional payment of £8,702 to keep the car at the end of the agreement.
FULL HYBRID TECHNOLOGY
The new and higher-powered Suzuki system working in conjunction with the latest K15C engine consists of a 140V lithium-ion battery and inverter, Motor Generator Unit (known as MGU), a 12V lithium-ion battery as well as a conventional 12V lead-acid battery to power components requiring lower voltage such as lights, instruments and heating / air conditioning.
TWO-SELECTABLE MODE HYBRID SYSTEM
The new Hybrid system has two switchable modes which are Eco and Standard. One switch enables the driver to change between the two modes depending on conditions and also increases the frequency of EV driving. In Standard mode operation, the MGU more frequently assists the petrol engine to allow more spirited driving enjoyment.
The MGU acts as both a generator and starter motor, is belt driven and assists the petrol engine during vehicle take off.
The high-performance lithium-ion battery stores electrical energy recovered from deceleration and braking and incorporates an idle stop function operated via the Integrated Starter Generator.
Based on engine speed and throttle position, the engine ECU judges when the driver will accelerate and then uses electric motor assist to add additional torque.
Additionally, the hybrid system efficiently collects kinetic energy and generates electricity by stopping the engine and disengaging the clutch during deceleration which expands the EV driving range. As a full Hybrid, Vitara can run on its electric motor alone for short distances.
The Vitara Full Hybrid is equipped as standard with Auto Gear Shift (AGS) that automatically shifts the manual transmission and gear ratios that are optimised to help provide a good combination of performance and fuel economy. This enables the driver to enjoy both the direct driving experience of a manual gearbox and the shifting ease of an Automatic Transmission. Another key advantage is lower component weight versus a conventional torque converter type Automatic. The transmission also has a manual mode with steering wheel mounted shift paddles.
One notable feature of the latest hybrid system with AGS is the position of the Motor Generator Unit on the output side of the transmission assembly. In doing this, output from the MGU is directly transmitted to the driveshafts to fill the torque gap during shifting and provides a smoother transition from the transmission.
The Vitara’s CO2 emissions are low thanks to the use of hybrid technology, high tensile steel and other weight saving measures in the body. Weight savings during initial development help the Vitara remain one of the lightest SUV’s in its class at just 1,268kg with an increase of only 47kg for the SZ5 ALLGRIP model.
Telephone: 01908 336760
Mobile: 07912 731407
Telephone: 01908 336775
Mobile: 07710 582227